Thursday, January 13, 2011

Departure from Philippines to Arrival in Macau & Denial of TV Show Appearance

I was totally getting restless as we prepare for our Macau trip. From sorting the things that we're going to bring with us to locking the door of the house, I was totally stressing out. It might have been due to the excitement of the trip with a pinch of baggage from the work that I was to leave behind as I go out the country.

But the tension left me soon after. As we started our journey with a convoy towards the airport at Subic, I felt more and more at peace. I felt the spirit of God overriding all preparations and all events surrounding our trip.

Upon arrival at the airport, I learned that I lost my key to the luggage that my sister and myself shared. Good thing she has her key with her, else we'd have no way of opening the suitcase that we brought. It'd have spelled disaster for us.

I checked the car I came from, the area I got off at, and all possible places I might have misplaced it in. I couldn't find it. Finally, I called my friend, Sugar, to assist me in calling Starbucks Congressional since it's the last place I saw it at and I felt that it's most probably there. She made an effort to contact the coffee shop. She searched the net for their number, called them, and called again to describe the key. True enough, there it was. Praise God for her help.

While waiting in the terminal for our plane, we received news that it was delayed. And as we continued to wait, we received an email from our hotel that the complimentary shuttle towards the place would be gone at exactly ten. I also received a call from Unang Hirit. They were inviting me to guest in their show the following morning. I declined since I would be in Macau at the time. I tried to call a couple of friends who could possibly fill in my role. Unfortunately, none of them could.

Our plane finally arrived and we boarded. We knew that we wouldn't reach the ten o'clock departure of the shuttle so were a bit worried with our transportation options. We arrived at the Macau airport at a little past ten. We went through the counters and tried to catch the last shuttle. We were not surprised that we weren't able to catch it.

We asked around and chanced upon a Filipino guide. He hooked us up with a ride with one of his Chinese friend which made our trip to the hotel a lot cheaper. Thanks, Michael Miranda!

We arrived in our hotels and enjoyed resting for the rest of the evening. I knew that God's hand was at work.

...continued


-Jeric

No comments:

Post a Comment