Tuesday, January 18, 2011

myself + Kinect Your Shape - Umagang Kay Ganda = Still Good!

Last night as I was preparing for the presentation, I mentioned the deal to my family. They were troubled about why UKG couldn't provide any compensation for either gas or rental of the Kinect. Something that I thought was already weird but I still agreed earlier to do the show without.

As they told me about the experience of a friend who works in that certain network, it turns out that it's really a bit shady when it comes to financial things. I won't discuss details yet as I don't know the story personally yet, but when I do, I'll just add the details here.

It was very disappointing for me that the segment producer cancelled the part just because I asked for compensation for the service that I would provide and the resources that I would consume. One would think guests will have at the very least, a minimum of respect and value as parts of their show. Last time I guested, I even got charged for parking. (lol)

Anyway, to cut the long story short, the kinect segment on UKG did not push through but I'm still quite at peace with myself since I obeyed my parents (Ephesians 6:1). And if it didn't push through, God didn't want it to push through. Since it's God's will, I submit.

I got in touch with the competition of UKG and hopefully we'll arrange something better. I'll be fully prepping for it once a gig pops up.

Again, to God be all the glory!

Jeric

No comments:

Post a Comment