Thursday, January 6, 2011

Kinect Sports - Review (only on the Xbox 360)



So everyone's heard of Wii Sports right? So what's all this fuss about Kinect Sports? Is it a rip-off? A copy? A half-a**ed game?

It's not! It's friggin' awesome! I've played this with a lot of people and never have I seen such intensity and such excitement to play a single videogame in my life. And no, I am not exaggerating.

I've brought the Kinect to a number of places such as my grandma's place, a friend's home, a mall, and even a tv studio! Reactions are all the same! Everyone gets excited over this new device. So I decided to make it my business. Yes, I sell Kinects... and Xbox 360s... and PS3s... and ledtvs... and... pretty much everything that has anything to do with gadgets! But enough about that! We're here to talk about Kinect Sports!

When you decide to get a kinect bundle, you'll notice that there's a game bundled with it. Nope, that's not Kinect Sports. It's actually Kinect Adventures! You wish it's Kinect Sports. When you start the latter, you'd be in the middle of a stadium, or at least it appears like you are since you don't really have a 360 degree view of the area. Fun thing to do when you get to this part is: raise both of your hands high. Just do it!

In Kinect sports, you get to play boxing, volleyball, table tennis, soccer, bowling, dash, hurdles, disc throw, javelin throw, and long jump. I hope I didn't miss anything. All these games are in their own right, great! For example, the table tennis game is really responsive. You just swing your arm in the direction you normally would in a normal table tennis game.

A particularly enjoyable Kinect Sports minigame would be party play. This minigame pitches two teams against each other and allows them to choose which member of their respective teams competes with the other team's chosen member in a given event. There are six events in total so if there are three players each team, each player gets to participate in two events.

To all Kinect owners and to all potential Kinect buyers (buy from me), I say that you get Kinect Sports as soon as you get your hands on the Kinect! Kinect Sports: Highly Recommended!

- Jeric

No comments:

Post a Comment